About Me

My photo
Prosser, Washington, United States
artist, writer, un-organizer, cat snuggler, hug smuggler, red lipstick wearing giddy sassbag of a card peddling nerdface.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

green spoon.

On April 1st, chef Gene Soto and Katie Gonzales will open Green Spoon
restaurant in a posh posh location in downtown Walla Walla. And guess
who's artwork will be lucky enough to grace the walls? I'll give you
two (2) guesses:
1) she has purple hair
2) she has the attention span of a hummingbird

Thanks to my good friend Mister Manchester, there is printer stability back on the homefront
for the Bipolar Betty production (what a guy!)
While in Walla Walla on Friday to check out the amazing space, we also checked
out a little hip and happening jazzy wine bar with live music and possibly the
best pita and hummus I've ever put lips to. Unfortunately, my wild hand gestures
caused a wine glass full of flowers and water to go toppling over. Katie and I were
certain that the flowers were fake and, Why would they put fake flowers in water?
But chef Gene confirmed that, yes, indeed, they were real flowers and could he please
be seated somewhere else because we were cramping his style. We decided to replace
the "real" flowers with the faux ones that I had been wearing in my hair. Now, the idea does not even tread water, but at the time--we thought we were the funniest thing on earth. With "stage" face I whispered, "We have secretly replaced the real flowers with Roz Inga's faux accessories. Let's watch and see who notices."

Next to my favorite Pho place in WW is this long forgotten bar called McFeely's.
Really? That's brilliant! I am adiment that my father quit the farming business
and re-open the establishment. You can't see it in the photo, but in small print
it says, "You've had the rest, now try the best!" Love it!

In my studio I am listening to the audiobook version of Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (I don't wanna die without any scars...), Silversun Pickups, Kimya Dawson, and Arcade Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment