About Me

My photo
Prosser, Washington, United States
artist, writer, un-organizer, cat snuggler, hug smuggler, red lipstick wearing giddy sassbag of a card peddling nerdface.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time Travel: Part Deux



On July 24th, I spent the evening with the infamous Gene Soto and Katie Gonzales at their cooking school/restaurant--Someone's in the Kitchen on Rose Street in Walla Walla--for my first "real" art opening. I tried to be a lady in my special Dismantled Fashions dress from http://www.dismantledfashions.etsy.com/ but might have stumbled a few times in my heels...(graceful as always after a glass of wine and a nervous belly).


When my dad and I came down a few days prior to hang paintings, we learned that one wall was cement and no nail would be going through it...so we had to learn this amazing velcro trick that worked about as well as chewed bubblegum at first, but we made amends through auspicious trial and error.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I was so pleased with the turn out. It was a small crowd, but everyone there was so supportive of me and my work and I completely lost myself in the pleasure of getting to know everyone. Hearing new thoughts about my artwork and having the opportunity to talk about the process for each one, helped me to love the work all over again. Needless to say, I had a fire in my heart by the end of the evening and couldn't wait to get back to my studio to paint.
I can't thank Katie and Gene enough for the opportunity to show at their high end, hip venue and love all of the new favorite places I've learned about on my subsequent trips to WW. My art will be up through the end of September and I plan to support all of their featured artists along the way....xoxox!

No comments:

Post a Comment